Sexually transmitted infections [STIs] are infections that can be acquired during sexual activity.
The most common STIs include Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Mycoplasma genitalium, Genital Herpes, Genital warts, Syphilis, Trichomoniasis, Hepatitis B and HIV.
STD Screening & Treatment
STIs can be transmitted through many types of sexual activity including vaginal, anal and oral sex. Guidelines recommend STI screening for a vast number of indications including more than one sexual partner, males who have sex with males [MSM] and new unexplained genital or unexplained bodily symptoms.
STIs can be present even in the absence of specific symptoms
The Aspirational Health STI Clinic includes:
- A safe, confidential, and protected environment where your provider will evaluate your concerns and recommend a specific screening or diagnosis plan.
- Thorough examination to evaluate symptoms and presence of any co-existing medical conditions.
- A comprehensive screening plan including labs, urine and specimen testing as would be indicated.
- A specific treatment plan for your condition
- Detailed counselling, prevention plan and follow up as required to decrease risk of STIs and prevent any complications.