Insomnia & Impaired Sleep Consultation
Insomnia is defined as difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, or waking up early in the morning and not being able to fall back to sleep.
People with insomnia sleep less or sleep poorly despite having an adequate chance to sleep.
Insomnia & Trouble Falling Asleep?
Impaired sleep has many negative consequences including impaired physical health, poor thinking and memory, higher risk of weight gain and cardiac disease and overall decreased level of functioning, job performance and enjoyment.
The Aspirational Health Sleep Consultation includes:
- When you seek an appointment a thorough medical history will be obtained, including detailed review of your sleep patterns and sleep times.
- Physical exam to determine presence of any associated medical conditions such as obesity, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, hormone imbalances, and/or depression/anxiety.
- Comprehensive labs to rule out any associated medical conditions that could be affecting your sleep.
- Medical counselling to address lifestyle interventions that can improve your sleep.
- Review of treatment options available for insomnia refractory to lifestyle interventions.
- Development of a comprehensive treatment plan and close follow up
- Referrals to specialist testing as indicated based on individual assessment.